Tuesday, July 3, 2007

There and Back Again

Whew, exciting side trip straight from France to Canada and then back home again. I wonder how I'm going to explain that to my parents and teachers? Luckily, I really don't have to. Last minute before I ran off with Synapse and Timebomb to Canada (with Long View tucked safely in my bags), you would never guess who I happened to chance upon near the Chateau d'Anet: Autobot Hound. In exchange for a favor that as of yet has not been decided upon, Hound agreed to fill in for my absence with his holographic projectors. I'm not quite sure how he got away with it, but everything was pulled off perfectly. He even got quite a few pictures for me during his time in France. Hey, luck happens.

Anyways, Canada.

Timebomb commented on our brief stupidity in plunging so quickly into a firefight. A spaceship, a human, a laptop, and a pair of binoculars are not going to inflict a lot of damage upon an army of dragons, wizards, and obviously more combat-oriented Transformers. But hey, with Synapse and I acting as snipers, Longview acting as lookout, and Timebomb in kicking aft robot mode, we were able to lend somewhat of a hand. I promise we'll do better next time.

We're home now, back in flat Illinois. I met up with Hound parked complacently down the block from my house. He didn't stick out too bad if you ignored the military decor that covered most of his paint job. But then again, we have at least three police cars parked constantly around the neighborhood (they live here), so a military jeep won't add to the oddness.

"Projecting humans long-term has got to be one of the most frustrating things that I've ever encountered. I swear, your species is most unpredictable." The statement from Hound sounds annoyed typed out, but he smiles lightly while saying it all. It's as if he enjoyed the challenge. For that I'm thankful.

So he drives off into the sunset like the exuberant explorer that he is, promising a visit in the near future or any time that he is in need of that favor returned.

I return to find my room...surprisingly undisturbed. Tracks sits innocently in on the table, legs dangling over the sides while Skyfire and Perceptor bury themselves in some of my books. Longview takes this moment to hop out of my bag and sets himself with a 'click' back onto my bookshelf, optics facing straight out the window.

Home *sigh*. It's as if I never left. Some things never change....with the exception of movie protoform Starscream glaring balefully down at all of us from the top of my corner bookshelf. One of my friends got him for me while in Japan. The lone Decepticon amidst a group of Autobots. A lone movie figure in the midst of G1s. With exception of Longview, but he associates himself more with the G1 Autobots anyways.

"As long as you don't try anything stupid, we're not going to do anything to you." I take the liberty of informing Starscream on his first day as sort-of-part-of the Room Crew.

He says nothing in return, but gives a contemptuous sneer as he points his gun at me. I promptly pluck the firearm from his hands and place it with all the other firearms in my candle holder-turned-teacup-turned-armory.

I swear I heard him mutter something about pathetic fleshlings before stalking into the dark, dusty reaches of the top of the book case.

Starscream will come back out, I know it. He's a vainglorious kinda guy. He won't stand for dust in his joints and plating. But for now he just sits there and glares as I type this post using Timebomb as my laptop (I have given up my old laptop to the use of the Room Crew. Thank goodness for portable hard drives.)

Tracks complains to me about Starscream's haughtiness, but I think he prefers Starscream staying on top of that shelf than Starscream competing for time and attention. If anything pleases Tracks right now, it's the tiny blue model Corvette that I aquired in France. He enjoys pushing it around with him wherever he goes now. It's more his than mine now...I'll just keep the little red motorcycle model for myself then.

3 comments:

Kenya Starflight said...

Thanks for your aid! We really appreciate it. Tell Hound thanks as well.

At least your live-ins (with the possible exception of Synapse) are small enough that you can deal with them...

Good luck with the 'Con. :)

Linda said...

Most of them are easy to deal...as long as Timebomb remains in alt-mode. :P I don't think that even I could hide 'big and blue' in my backyard.

Thanks for your well wishes!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.